Ways To Give
Rivers are Colorado's lifeblood and touch nearly every facet of life in the West. They provide water for businesses, irrigation for crops, drinking water for communities, natural habitat for fish and other wildlife, recreational opportunities and the beautiful landscapes that make Colorado famous. Overuse of our water resources has resulted in rivers that barely flow or in some cases, have gone completely dry—stranding and exposing fish, damaging riparian habitat and impacting the local economies that rely on our rivers. Your gift to the Colorado Water Trust will help us restore and protect our rivers for future generations. Thank you!
Set up a Monthly Gift online (Be sure to check “Make my payment a recurring payment”.)
Send a check to:
Colorado Water Trust
Attention: Director of Development
1420 Ogden Street, Suite A2
Denver, CO 80218
- Dedicate Your Gift: Honor someone’s birthday, anniversary, memory or a holiday with a gift to the Colorado Water Trust online.
- Donate Stock or Assets: A gift of stocks, bonds or mutual funds supports Colorado’s rivers and can also benefit you at tax time. Please have your broker contact our Director of Development, Megan Begley, at 720.204.3552 or MBegley@ColoradoWaterTrust.org for information.
Leave a Legacy: Naming the Colorado Water Trust as a beneficiary ensures that your resources support your vision of healthy, beautiful rivers for future generations. Charitable bequests can significantly reduce and even eliminate estate taxes.Here is a list of some of the many different types of legacy gifts that you may consider:
- A bequest in your will or revocable living trust
- Beneficiary designation of your retirement plan
- Owner and/or beneficiary designation of a life insurance policy
- Remainder interest of a charitable remainder trust or charitable gift annuity that will pay you or loved ones named by you an income prior to death
For more information on leaving a legacy, contact our Director of Development Megan Begley, at 720.204.3552 or MBegley@ColoradoWaterTrust.org for information.
- Contribute to Combined Federal or State Campaigns: If you are a federal or state employee, you can donate to the Colorado Water Trust through the Combined Federal Campaign or the Colorado Combined Campaign workplace giving programs. You can choose to give once, or you can request that a specific amount be withheld from your paycheck throughout the year. Any donations will be made through your paycheck and your tax deductions will be automatic.